The Scientific Committee of the 4th Kenya International Scientific Lung Health Conference invites the submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations, in keeping with the theme ‘Sustainable Innovations for Lung Health.’
Please note the following key information and dates:
- Closing date for the submission of abstracts is February 28th 2017
- All abstracts must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to (cc) email@example.com
- Please note that no hard copy submissions will be accepted. Faxed or posted abstracts will not be processed
- All appropriately submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee
- Authors are invited to indicate their preference for oral or poster presentation, but the final decision on the format of the presentation rests with the Scientific Committee
- All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will receive acceptance or rejection letters by March 31st 2017
Important instructions to authors:
- Abstracts will not be accepted if the following information is not included:
- Title of abstract: Not more than 110 characters
- Name and list of all authors: The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors and the authors should not be more than eight (8)
- Affiliation of all authors should be clearly stated
- Contact details of presenting author (telephone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Preferred format of presentation (oral or poster)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English with single line spacing, Arial font, in word or PDF format.
- The body of the text must not exceed 300 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1 above)
- Where possible, please adhere to the following internationally accepted format for all abstracts:
Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
• Methods: include description of subjects and research methodology
• Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
• Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings.
The conference does not guarantee any travel grants and hence acceptance of abstracts is not synonymous to being funded to attend the conference. The conference costs and other details are available here.